$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Introducing Chiari Malformation

The doctor is talking...showing us pictures of my daughter's brain and spinal cord...explaining what the surgery would entail....and I'm watching and hearing the whole thing like I'm not really there. My head is nodding, I'm asking questions...but inside, something is screaming, "please tell me I haven't ruined another child!!"

I feel selfish for even thinking this. It's not about me, but the health of my daughter. But each of my children are now diagnosed with issues that are either inherited, gene related, or the possible result of something I may, or may not have done! How does this happen?!!

If it was an option, I would gladly take all these issues on myself so that my kids could just grow up and have a normal life. But that's not possible...so we continue with doctor appointments, therapy visits, IEP's, 504's, and enough prescriptions to create my own pharmacy!

Occasionally, I get the typical "I don't know how you do it!" This is how I do it...they are my kids, I'd do anything for them! Yes, they drive me crazy and complain (a lot!) about them.

But there's nothing I wouldn't do for my kids!

*Surgery was successful and we are now back home. My daughter is already planning on how she can help other kids in the same situation. I would like to think that she has learned from me that when a situation like this occurs, you can't sit around feeling sorry for yourself. Better to pick yourself up, learn everything you can, and use that information to help others that are just starting the process. It doesn't seem as scary when you see and talk to someone who has been through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment