Anyway, here's the menu:
- Monday: Fish n'Chips - in honor of the Olympics in London, we are having beer battered fish with skinny slices of potatoes, baked in the oven with a little bit of olive oil.
- Tuesday: Cottage Pie - another homage to London and the Olympics, but with our own take. Ours will be made like a chicken pot pie, with ground beef and with green beans and mashed potatoes on top.
- Wednesday: Breaded chicken breasts, brown rice, and broccoli with cheese
- Thursday: Baked potato and Salad (We wanted a meatless meal, so this is it.) Everyone will get to choose their potato toppings and what they want in their salad, as well as their dressing.
- Friday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans
- Saturday: Tacos with chicken and cheese
- Sunday: Homemade pizza
Some of the new things I'm trying to get the boys to think about for lunches is how to use tortillas...like for wraps. We are big on bento boxes and have several, so I like things I can cut up and pack in little sections, so I try to get them to think in those terms. We have not used tortillas a lot before, but the boys are just now starting to like them, so I want them to see all the ways to use them. Anyone have any fun ways that you use them in lunches?