$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

 Do you do anything special for Fat Tuesday? I have never been to Mardi Gras, but would love to...and after going to an Episcopalian Church, I do understand Ash Wednesday and Lent. But I have never really done anything special for Fat Tuesday. We've never made anything special to eat, or been to a party so I am not sure exactly what goes on. But clothes and food? That I can appreciate! So, given that I'm still sick and have nothing but time, I have found a couple of things you might like...
Fat Tuesday is also known as Shrove Tuesday. In most traditions, pancakes are eaten on Shrove Tuesday because they are made out of the main food available: sugar, fat, flour and eggs. There is a restriction on consumption of these items after Ash Wednesday.
Fat Tuesday
From my Polyvore : Always need a good outfit to wear!
Will Ferrell was crowned King of Mardi Gras this year. He stated, "Let them eat cake!" So how about that cake?
This is the easiest Mardi Gras Cake I have found

So do you do anything special for Fat Tuesday? Do you have any special recipes that you make to celebrate? Please, feel free to share!

By the way, did you know that many store owners on Bourbon Street in New Orleans coat their poles and columns outside their shop with vaseline in order to keep rowdy revelers from climbing them? Sounds like quite a party!!





1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Stopping over from the 'I love my Online Friends Monday Hop'.

    We don't do anything for Fat Tuesday, but these sound like some great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete