$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year of "Do"

Today I received this poem with a calendar in my email...it reflects what I want to do in this New Year. The word I have assigned to 2012 is "Do"...Do my best, Do more, Do what I should be doing, Do for my kids, Do for my husband, Do what is not expected...

YOU TRY HARD
"Try hard and do your best." That's what you tell your children, and you're happy with whatever they're able to accomplish. You understand that perfection, or even an average level of achievement, is legitimately beyond their grasp,and you offer endless inspiration and encouragement.
But how often do you give yourself the same credit? Parenting is hard work. Parenting a child with special needs is harder. You can't always know the right answer. You can't always make the right judgement. Mistakes are built into the job. Like your child, you will not always have the information or the ability or the skills necessary to perform perfectly. It's unfair to expect that you will. You try hard, and do your best. That's enough. That's everything.


I'm not always going to "DO" my best, but if I just try...I mean REALLY try...that's all I can do for my family..that's all they expect and I know that will make them happy. Sometimes the day in front of me is overwhelming, knowing that it involves meltdowns, tantrums, and more work than I can possibly do by myself. But I have to remember that nothing will ever get done unless I try...I WILL try hard and DO my best...and that WILL be enough.

2 comments:

  1. "Do" is a great word of action for the year. It reminds me to be proactive about things instead of just letting them come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tiffany! I might not "do" everyday, but I'm doing better than last year and that's progress. I did manage to get 1 Christmas tree down today...that's pretty good considering the day I've had!

    ReplyDelete