$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful - Day 12

Today, on Veterans Day, I am thankful for all the men and women, past and present, who risked and possibly gave their lives for the sake of our country. It is a true sacrifice to be willing to fight enemies both at home and abroad.

Both my husband and my father served in the military. My dad was in WWII and he never talked about his time in the war as I was growing up. But with my husband or other men who have served, he will share his stories and experiences. My boys have enjoyed learning more about WWII, as well as getting to know their grandaddy in a different way.

And if you don't know the history of Veterans Day, this website gives you the complete history. Veterans Day can often be confused with Memorial Day if you don't know why you are celebrating and why this date has been chosen. This is also "National Veterans Awareness Week," so if you see a veteran or know someone who has served in the military, be sure to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment