$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful - Day 7

How true is this?

As a teenager, I thought I knew WAY more than my mom. I mean, what teenager doesn't think that?!!

After I had my first child, I went through a bad divorce. My mom was there for me every step of the way. She stepped in and helped take care of my daughter, there were times she had to help me financially, and she never made me feel bad or guilty for asking for help. She did it because she loved me.

Now, I'm remarried, have more kids, bought a house specifically because it was close to where she worked...I see her almost every day, talk to her constantly. She is as close to a best friend as you can get still being a parent and without excluding my husband.

I am SOOO thankful for my mom because without her, there would be no "dates" with my husband, no fun girl lunches, no getaways just for my husband and myself. She is always there to help me, whether I've locked myself out of the house, need helping picking kids up from school, or grabbing something for me at the grocery.

I know that's what moms are for, but I still appreciate it!!

2 comments: