My sweet, funny and unusual boy...I am so thankful for you. So thankful, you take up 5 of my thankful days! That's because with you I have so much to be thankful for.
- I'm thankful that you have autism. It allows me to see you in a different way and understand you in a way I never would if you were just a typical kiddo.
- I'm thankful that you have sensory issues. I've learned so much about tags in shirts, socks with seams, noises in stores, noises in the lights, too many people...these are all things I never thought of before. Now when I see a child having a tantrum in the grocery store, I think about it in a different way. I don't automatically assume it's because of bad parents...I think, maybe that child is overwhelmed for some reason. Poor thing!
- I'm thankful that you have auditory issues. It has helped me to understand why sometimes you might not respond to me or do what I have asked you to do.
- I'm thankful for your ADHD because it allowed us to have a close relationship with a great pediatrician, a great psychologist and some other great specialists along the way. We wouldn't be where we are today if it hadn't been for them and who knows who else we will meet.
- All these issues that some people see as a tragedy or as nothing but trouble are what I see as what makes Ethan who he is. Yes, it can be hard and he can be difficult, but I'm thankful for him and wouldn't change things for the world!