$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beach Crafts

After getting back from the beach, I have an abundance of shells that we collected. So, the question becomes, what to do with them? So obviously, I'm searching Pinterest for days trying to find easy, yet beautiful and useful crafts. Since I spent so much time on this, I thought I would share some of what I have found.


This would also be great if you had a lid and could also put some of the pictures you took on your beach trip inside...in fact, I just might do this one!

These are shells/sea glass placed in plaster molds. Very cute way of saving small shells, I think.


This is exactly what I was thinking of doing...maybe paint the shells, then stick on googly eyes and...ta da! A seashell pet!



Another cute idea if you don't have many shells, or if you have one really special one that you want to showcase...this is woven ribbon with a starfish placed on top, then framed.


Everyone is always doing projects with pallets and here's a way to incorporate shells and those old used pallets. "SUMMER" is spelled out with small buttons, but could also use shells.


A collection of items found at the beach, in the sand or water...a great way to show off your collection and remember the great times.


This project incorporates one of those large wooden/cardboard letters, like the first letter of your last name. Then shells are glued on the face of the letter, allowing it to still be hung and enjoy your new beach decor.


Another really cute idea for kids to do is a beachy container. This one has a few flowers/plants, sand, and some other beachy items...but it could really be anything you wanted. This one has a beach chair, fence, and sea glass to stand for water, but depending on what type of shells or mementos you bring home, you could really create any type of seascape and they would all be fun!


I love to make homemade Christmas presents and once I saw this, I knew it was something I wanted to do...maybe not for this Christmas, but definitely for the next. We always vacation with extended family that we don't get to see often, so this would be a great reminder to all of those family members who might not live close, but are close in our hearts. It is simply a large glass ornament (sometimes you can find these clear ones in plastic, too), filled with sand. You could even throw a couple of little shells in there if you have them small enough. Add a pretty ribbon and a tag of where the sand and shells are from, or where your vacation was, and it's a gift!


Last, but not least, have you wondered how to get those shells clean once you're home from the beach? I usually hose them off before I pack them up, but just to make sure you have all the dirt and sand off, you can just throw them in the dishwasher (according to Martha!) and then will be nice and clean for whatever project you have in mind.


So tell me, have you done any beachy-type crafts before? If so, what is your favorite to do? If not, are there any you want to try? Follow my Pinterest Beach board...leave me a link to your pins or Pinterest boards and I'll follow you back!
Beyond The Picket Fence
I'm Topsy Turvy

2 comments:

  1. Beach crafts are the best--I will have to remember some of these after our beach trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome collection of beach crafts. I love the starfish on the woven ribbon. The color of the ribbon is gorgeous and the overall look is so classic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete