$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lucy's Cookies

My youngest son, Jonah, and myself have one thing in common...food allergies. When I was pregnant with Jonah, I developed (but no doctor ever diagnosed until well after he was born!) food allergies. After Jonah was born, he refused to be breastfed and almost every formula caused a reaction (skin, fussiness, tummy problems). Before he was 1, I took him to my allergist, had the skin prick test, and sure enough, we have almost the exact same allergies! We are both allergic to corn, soy, peanuts/tree nuts, and green peas (of all things!) He is also allergic to eggs, but I've never had a problem with them.

If I was to eat something I'm allergic to, usually it just makes my skin itchy. But when Jonah eats something he is allergic to, his skin breaks out in welts, they itch, and sometimes he starts to wheeze. The itchy skin is a real problem because he will scratch and scratch and be left with bloody, open wounds all over his face and body. As you can imagine, it is practically impossible to find store bought foods that are not affected by our allergies or cross contamination.

One of the only brands of cookies we CAN eat is Lucy's. It is the only brand of cookie at our local grocery store that he can eat. Recently, I contacted them to tell them how much we love their cookies and asked if they would be willing to sponsor a giveaway. They were so generous, they sent three boxes of their new flavors for us to try out and review. But that's not all! They also sent three boxes that I can giveaway!!

Don't these look delicious? If you are interested, come back tomorrow and read my review and enter to win these three new flavors of cookies!

By the way, these cookies are gluten-free. They are also peanut, tree nut, milk and egg free! And, they are Kosher and certified vegan. These really fit the need that the marketplace has for allergy friendly foods



Don't forget to come back tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment