$4.95 All-U-Can Ship

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Stress Reliever

I need a stress reliever...

Usually, these little holidays are supposed to make everyone more relaxed, give us the boost we need to get through the rest of the Spring....

For me, it has done the opposite. I have been so busy the last month or more, all this downtime has me on pins and needles. Not that I have actually attempted to do anything productive with all this time on my hands!

Today, my mom left for a weekend at the beach...the beach we go to every year since I was probably 10 years old. I have many memories of this beach and no matter what beach I am at, I feel like that is where all my "problems" can be solved.

I imagine the simple act of laying my problems, stacking them miles deep, right at the edge of the water....waiting for the ocean waves to take them away. Take everything, the worries, the concerns, the anger, the bitterness, the regret...take all of it way out into the middle of the ocean and leave it there. That way, I can get up and walk away with my head clear, my shoulders lightened, and  a new perspective.
2011
2010
2009
2008
As of today, we have a little over two months before our yearly trek to the beach as a family. Until then, I have my Pinterest-Beach Board, my Etsy-Beach-Treasury List and of course, all those pictures I have taken year after year.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky that you have a place to regenerate and refresh and you know exactly where that is. Just hopping over from Sunday Blog Hop at Blissful and Domestic and am now following you. I would love a visit back (I am sharing an awesome cooking giveaway this week) and maybe a follow back.(so sorry, I had a typo on my first comment and had to delete it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the effect that the ocean has on you. Me too, though I haven't been there in years.

    New followers from Ducks n a Row. So glad you stopped by my site, too. We have a Wednesday Blog Hop. Would love it if you'd add your links. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could go a year without at least one trip to the beach. We only live 3 1/2 hrs. from the beach, but with kids and a family, it's hard to just jump in the car and go! I've joined up to your blog hop, thanks!

      Delete
  4. The ocean is my best friend I just love it! I wish I could spend more time there, but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lady! I am following you on facebook, bloglovin, GFC. Are you on pinterest? Thanks for stopping by the blog hop!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete